These days, you’ll find that eco-friendly products are much better value and sometimes cheaper than conventional alternatives. However, if your application requires something different, we will always advise and discuss your choice of both regular and eco-friendly products when quoting for your project.
The selection of eco-friendly products that are now available are a lot better and far greater in number than when the first generation came out. They can be colour matched, normally applied in exactly the same way, can be used in the same places, and provide similar coverage to their conventional alternatives. They are available in all the same finishes too.
When we choose products and materials for your project, we are always considering additional questions.
- What is it made of? Is it renewable or scarce?
- What processing did it undergo? Was this polluting or energy intensive?
- How far did it come? Was there a lot of road transport involved?
- What effect will the product have on those installing it and using the building?
- Does it require a lot of potentially environmentally damaging maintenance?
- What will happen to the product at the end of it’s useful life?
- Does it have a unique positive function that overrides it’s environmental impacts?
- Is there a better option?